The Speaking Mastery Program for Professional Women
How much more successful would you be if you had a full range of excellent speaking skills?
Many professional women are doing the work they’ve long wanted to do – they are enthusiastic about their work, their colleagues, their clients or their patients. They make a difference in the lives of others.
You may be one of those women who worked hard to get where you are, to develop yourself and your business or practice. Understandably, you want to be even more successful.
You have focused a great deal of time and energy on developing the skills you needed to succeed in your particular field. Now, as you progress, you notice there are many opportunities to speak and you recognize that these opportunities will impact how much more successful you will be (or not be) in the future.
If you’re like most women, you want to pursue what will positively impact you and your career. My goal is to help you build the skills and the confidence you need to be an excellent speaker and to take your career to the next level.
Do you suspect or know that speaking mastery would significantly enhance your career?
Have you ever . . .
- Avoided a speaking opportunity, even though you were the right person to speak?
- Kept quiet in a meeting, even though you had good ideas to offer?
- Been frustrated preparing to speak, not knowing the best way to approach it?
- Experienced stress or anxiety while speaking?
- Felt like you weren’t conveying your ideas clearly and/or weren’t connecting with your audience?
- Feared that your speaking reflected negatively on your business or practice?
- Wanted to be more of a leader, but felt you didn’t have the speaking skills to support that desire?
- Wished for the kind of feedback that would help you improve your speaking?
There are so many different kinds of speaking situations and you’re expected to be competent in all of them. Different situations call for different preparation and different speaking skills. Sometimes you’re just winging it, doing the best you can, but knowing deep down that you’re not doing it as well as you could. You may or may not be receiving feedback on your speaking skills, but it’s probably not in a clear, comprehensive way that offers a path to improvement.
Lacking confidence in your speaking can mean that you’re missing opportunities to shine. You may feel afraid of doing poorly, the thought of speaking may just make you anxious, or you may feel you don’t need any additional stress. If so, you’re probably letting others give the presentation that you should be giving, not speaking up in a meeting, avoiding the risk but foregoing the potential rewards as well.
Or maybe you go ahead and speak, but you don’t feel comfortable doing it. Everyone can see and hear that you’re nervous, you sound weak and uncertain. Instead of paying attention to what you’re saying, they may feel impatient or even embarrassed for you. So you end up not conveying your ideas effectively and not projecting the image you want to project.
There are excellent speakers in your field and they have the advantage. Yes, you occasionally see/hear someone who is an amazing speaker. People pay attention to what they say. That person has greater influence. They are a better leader. Their business or practice is more successful because of their mastery of speaking.
I can help you with each of these issues.
One other thing. . . Lots of businesses and professions were started by men and most are still dominated by men. Women are now entering and rising through the ranks in unprecedented numbers, but male communication styles still reign in many situations. The natural communication styles of men and women can be quite different. Adopting a traditionally “masculine” style of communication doesn’t feel right to most women, yet traditionally “feminine” styles may not be received well in the work world. Most women need help in finding a communication style that feels natural to them yet will bring them the success they deserve.
Wouldn’t you prefer to be an excellent speaker?
Imagine yourself instead with the skills, the confidence, the range for all situations, to communicate effectively. Imagine the impact that would have on your professional (and personal) life.
- You can learn to speak with clarity and enthusiasm, to grow your business or practice. You can get people’s attention and keep it.
- You can learn the specific skills and ideal practices – what to say and how to say it — to accomplish your goals, be perceived the way you want to be perceived, and impact others more powerfully.
- You can develop your abilities to look, feel, think, and speak confidently, so that others have confidence in you and in what you say.
- You can experience the positive results of excellent speaking on your business or practice.
How could you accomplish this?
The Speaking Mastery Program for Professional Women is my 6-month program for transforming professional women into excellent speakers. This program is practical, comprehensive, and growth-focused.
- I will coach you for all your speaking during this 6 months.
- I will help you learn all the fundamentals of speaking you will need for your future success.
- I will partner with you and provide what you need to become an excellent speaker.
How is this program unique?
Many programs will improve your speaking. Some of them are run by fellow learners. Some have a single philosophy around which the learning revolves. Others are prescribed trainings, using the same approach for everyone who attends.
The Speaking Mastery Program for Professional Women is one-on-one and tailored specifically for you. Together you and I will create a program that addresses your needs, builds on your strengths, addresses your weaknesses, and meets the needs of the work you do, your speaking goals.
I will provide you the tools, in a consistent manner, over an extended period of time, so that you can truly master speaking.
Who will you be when you’ve completed the program?
- You will know how to prepare creatively and effectively for all the different speaking situations of your life.
- Your know-how about preparation will ultimately reduce the time required to do so, and the stress.
- You will speak effectively -- that is, you will know how to accomplish what you set out to do in the full range of speaking situations.
- You will value -- not perfection -- but the authentic expression of your self, your ideas, your opinions, your expertise.
- You will know how to look, feel, think and speak confidently.
- You will convey your messages effectively and project the image you want to project.
- You will grow your business or practice.
- You will enjoy speaking!
What’s in the Speaking Mastery Program?
You and I will assess your current speaking approach, abilities, and goals. Together we will determine the areas to focus on first.
We will take a comprehensive approach to learning all the fundamental skills for speaking and the varied requirements for speaking in different situations.
We will work together to design the optimal approach for you to prepare and practice for each of your speaking opportunities.
You and I will have 2 to 4 coaching sessions each month, preferably in person. (Phone or Skype sessions are possible for some sessions.)
- I will be available for emails, with answers within 24 hours.
- I will be available for additional phone calls, as needed.
- I will be available to help create and/or review your content — for example, your speech outline or PowerPoint deck—before each speaking opportunity.
- I will attend select speaking events, as we deem appropriate.
- You and I will debrief and I will give you feedback after each speaking opportunity, including review of audio recordings or video recordings if available.
We will partner for your success.
Is the Speaking Mastery Program right for you?
- If you are a professional women who loves your work and wants to be more successful, this program may be right for you.
- If you recognize how valuable it will be to be an excellent speaker, how it will positively affect your professional life and your outcomes, this program may be right for you.
- If you are already engaged in speaking situations and are willing, over the course of the 6 months, to continue or increase your speaking situations, this program may be right for you.
- If you are tired of missing opportunities to shine and are willing to take some risks, in order to increase your speaking skills, then this program may be right for you.
The Speaking Mastery Program requires your commitment to making speaking a priority for 6 months. It requires working with me consistently. It requires your time and effort persistently.
What is the next step?
If you are interested in learning more about the Speaking Mastery Program for Professional Women, I invite you to schedule a complimentary Speaking Mastery Strategy Session. Discover, at no obligation, whether it is right for you. Email me at JeannineKay@givingvoice.biz and we’ll schedule it.
- You and I will explore your individual wants and needs, and the results you are seeking.
- The session will last about an hour and can be done in-person, by phone, or by Skype.
I look forward to hearing from you!